When it comes to delicious easy food, this is just about as good as it gets. Now there’s a place for Chorizo, Bruschetta’s Proscuttio platters and all sorts of posh food, but you’d be hard pushed to beat this beauty that centre’s around Corned Beef and Baked Beans. I want to credit the genius who came up with this, but it is dogeared in our recipe folder with no form of identification, which means I’ll have to type it!:( If however others can enjoy this as much as I have many times over the last few years, it will be worth it. So anyway, here goes:
2 Medium onions, thinly sliced
340g can of corned beef
1lb of sliced and cooked potatoes
A can of Baked Beans (Just get Heinz for the extra 20p odd)
2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
Large pinch of mixed herbs and a crumbled up beef stock cube.
- Preheat the oven to 190c (170c if it’s fan). Spread half of the onion slices over the base of an oven dish (The type you’d use for an apple crumble) Slice up the corned beef and spread out half of it on top of the onions.
- Now a layer of potatoes, using half of them. Take the beans, and drain the sauce into a jug which is set aside.
- Spread the drained beans into a layer on top of the potatoes. Now with the remaining ingredients a further layer of onions, then beef, then topped with potatoes. (From the bottom, Onions, Beef, Potatoes, Drained Beans, onions, beef, potatoes)
- Add the Worcester sauce, mixed herbs and crumbled stock cube to the jug along with the Baked bean sauce, mix up , season and pour all over your layers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and give it another 10 minutes in the oven.